Atlético Madrid - scores, stats, next matches & results | NewEraStreams
Coach: Diego Simeone
Stadium: Cívitas Metropolitano
When it comes to La Liga, three clubs of any football fan automatically come to mind: FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Club Atlético de Madrid. Atlético Madrid is the second most popular football club based in Madrid, Spain was founded in 1903 and has since gone on to be part of an elusive list of clubs in Spanish football history after the two El Clasico rivals. Club Atlético de Madrid has won La Liga, Copa del Rey, and UEFA Europa League, among other trophies that have filled their trophy cabinet.
Atletico plays their home games at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, which has a capacity of 68,000 spectators. They switched to the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in 2017 from Vicente Calderón Stadium as they wanted to keep pace with their Madrid rivals and FC Barcelona in terms of having a state-of-the-art stadium that can harbor more than 50,000 fans each game. The club has a strong and passionate fanbase and is highly rated in Spanish football. They are also commonly known as Los Colchoneros.
Atletico Madrid is a club with a rich history, passionate supporters, and a tradition of success on the pitch. The club’s current manager is Diego Simeone, who has been in charge since 2011 and has been instrumental in leading the team to numerous titles. The current club is in some turmoil in the current season (2022-23); they have a well-established squad and a top-tier manager who can guide them out of trouble. Even though they currently sit in the top 4 spots in the league, they have been knocked out of the Champions League, which casts a grim shadow on them, to say the least.
Three Basque students founded Club Atlético de Madrid in 1903 as Athletic Club de Madrid. The club began playing in a small field in the neighborhood of Alameda de Osuna and, in the early years, played mostly against other Madrid-based teams.
In the 1920s, Atletico Madrid established itself as one of the top teams in Spain and won its first Copa del Rey in the 1921-1922 season. During this decade, the club also made its debut in La Liga. Throughout the 1930s, 40s, and 50s, Atletico Madrid remained dominant in Spanish football, winning several La Liga titles and Copa del Rey trophies. During the 1950s and 1960s, the club experienced a decline and struggled to succeed on the pitch.
In the 1970s, Atletico Madrid underwent a revival, winning La Liga in the 1970-71 season and reaching the European Cup final in the 1972-73 season. Throughout the 1980s and 90s, the club continued to succeed in Spanish football, winning several La Liga titles and Copa del Rey trophies. In the 2010s, under the management of Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid established itself as one of the top clubs in European football, winning La Liga in the 2013-14 season, reaching the UEFA Champions League final in the 2013-14 and 2015-16 seasons, and winning the UEFA Europa League in the 2010-11, 2011-12, and 2017-18 seasons.
Today, Atletico Madrid remains a dominant force in Spanish and European football and is widely regarded as one of the big clubs in Spain if not the world because of the continued resilience and effort they have put on the pitch each season. The players they have harbored, nurtured, and developed over the years speak volumes of their significance in Spanish football history. In recent memory, some players are Fernando Torres, Antoine Griezmann, Diego Forlan, Radamel Falcao, and Diego Costa. Whereas from the earlier history players like Luis Aragones, Abelardo Rodriguez, Tomas Renones among others.
How to stream Atletico Madrid matches?
Club Atlético de Madrid is one of the most popular teams in Spain, and the trend is also starting to gel in the outside world. This recent rise in popularity has seen them amass followers worldwide. This has also resulted in many fans subscribing to broadcasting services on their television or on the internet, with which they tune into the live matches to support and cheer for their team every day they play. We share with you some ways: -
Official Broadcasting Partners: Club Atlético de Madrid has official broadcast partners in different countries that have the right to stream their matches live. One can check local TV schedules and online streaming platforms to see if a broadcast partner is available in the respective area. Here are some of the broadcasters that have the rights to stream Atletico Madrid matches in different countries:
- Spain: Movistar+, beIN Sports
- United Kingdom: Premier Sports, La Liga TV
- United States: beIN Sports, Fanatiz
- Germany: DAZN
- France: beIN Sports
- Canada: beIN Sports, DAZN
- Australia: beIN Sports
- Brazil: Esporte Interativo
- India: Facebook, Sony Ten
The list is incomplete, and the availability of streaming options may vary depending on the match in question. Check local broadcasters and relevant information for the most up-to-date information on how to stream Atletico Madrid matches.
- Online Streaming Services: among the many online streaming services, such as DAZN, FuboTV, and Sling TV that offer live sports, including football matches, some also provide pre-and post-match analysis, which excites the fans even more. Some of these services may have the right to stream Atletico Madrid matches, and some may offer beyond-the-pitch coverage of the club.
- Reddit Soccer is linked to the Reddit streaming group and is part of the sister sites chain that aims to provide free links to streams and, if possible, the live stream to its viewers and users. They have dedicated themselves to allowing viewers and users to watch La Liga matches and matches of other competitions for free without the need to pay anything for it.
- Free Streaming Websites: There are websites like EPL Site, Cracked Streams, footy room, sports hub, and many more that offer users the ability to stream matches for free. They provide different servers, links, and other conveniences you may not find on many other free streaming websites. Although it is a bit risky to stream from an unprotected or unwarranted source, and many threats to one’s device exist, the sites have done well not to get themselves misused in any way by third parties.
The list of trophies won by Atletico Madrid is as follows –
- La Liga – 11 times, last win in 2021-22
- UEFA Champions League – unfortunately, they have not won this competition yet.
- UEFA Europa League – 3 times, last win in 2017-18
- Copa Del Rey – 10 times, last win in 2012-13
- UEFA Super Cup – 3 times, last win in 2018
- Super Copa De Espana – 2 times, last win in 2014
When did they last win La Liga?
They last won the league in the 2020-21 season, beating their neighbors to secure their first title since 2013-14.
When did they last win the UEFA Champions League?
Unfortunately, they haven’t won the UCL yet, but they have won the Europa league.
How many La Liga’s have they won in total?
They have won La Liga 11 times so far.
How many UEFA Europa League have they won in total?
They have won 3 UELs so far in their history.
Who is their all-time top scorer?
Luis Aragones is their all-time top scorer, with 172 goals to his name from over 250 appearances.