Napoli - scores, stats, next matches & results | NewEraStreams
Coach: Luciano Spalletti
Stadium: Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
The club that has become synonymous with the late Diego Maradona, S.S.C. Napoli, is a professional Italian football club based in Naples, Italy. The club was founded in 1926 and had a rich history, having won two Serie A titles, five Coppa Italia titles, and two UEFA Cup titles. Napoli plays their home matches at the Stadio San Paolo, now renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona, with a capacity of over 50,000 spectators.
The club has had many notable players throughout its history, including Diego Maradona, who is widely regarded and hailed as one of the greatest footballers of all time and led Napoli to their first Serie A title in 1987. Other notable players include Marek Hamsik, Edinson Cavani, and Dries Mertens, who contributed significantly to the club's success.
Under the management of Luciano Spalletti, Napoli currently competes in Serie A, the top tier of Italian football, and regularly participates in European competitions such as the UEFA Champions League.
Despite facing strong competition from other Italian clubs, Napoli remains a competitive and entertaining team known for their attacking style and passionate fanbase. Their acquisition of Khvicha Kvaratskhelia has seen them rise to the top of the table in the current season and challenge for the title in a season where everyone around them is failing to catch up and continuously dropping points. We may be looking at the march of the third Napoli title this season if things continue the way they have so far.
S.S.C. Napoli was founded in 1926 as a merger between two local clubs, Internazionale and liburna. The club quickly established itself as one of the top teams in Italy and won its first major trophy, the Coppa Italia, in 1961. In the 1980s, the club achieved its greatest success under the leadership of legendary Argentine player Diego Maradona. With Maradona in the team, Napoli won their first Serie A title in 1987 and added a second league championship in 1990.
In the following years, the club experienced a decline but returned to success in the 2000s, winning two Coppa Italia titles and reaching the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League. Despite facing financial difficulties, Napoli has consistently been a competitive team in Serie A, regularly ending the season in the top half of the league table and competing in European competitions.
Napoli has had a passionate and dedicated fanbase throughout its history, known for its intense support and colorful displays during matches. The club's traditions and rich history have made it one of Italian football's most iconic and recognizable teams.
How to stream Napoli matches?
There are several ways to watch Serie A (Italian top-flight football league) games live:
- TV Broadcasts: Serie A games are broadcast on several TV networks worldwide, including Sky Sport, DAZN, and ESPN. You can check your local listings to see which channels show Serie A matches in your area.
- Online Streaming Services: Among many streaming services, few, like DAZN, Sky Go, and ESPN+, offer Serie A games live streams. These services usually require a subscription, but some offer free trials, so you can test them out.
- Live Streaming Websites: Several websites offer live streams of Serie A games, but it is important to be careful when using these as many of them are illegal and may contain malicious software.
- Mobile Apps: Many online streaming services mentioned above have apps that allow you to watch Serie A games on the go.
The above options help the user decide and check out the different mediums and options available to stream Serie A matches and, in accordance, stream Napoli matches as well. The following options tell us which broadcasters and streamers have the right to telecast and broadcast the matches for Napoli SSC and Serie A. Serie A, the top tier of Italian football, is broadcast on several TV networks and platforms around the world. The specific broadcasters for Serie A vary by region, but some of the main ones include:
- Sky Sport (Italy) - Sky Sport is the main broadcaster of Serie A in Italy and offers extensive coverage of all games, including live matches, highlights, and analysis.
- DAZN (Italy and other countries) - DAZN is a sports streaming service that offers live and on-demand coverage of Serie A games and other top football leagues and events.
- ESPN (USA) - ESPN holds the broadcast rights for Serie A in the United States and offers live coverage of several games weekly, as well as highlights and analysis.
- Premier Sports (UK and Ireland) - Premier Sports is a sports TV network in the UK and Ireland that offers live and exclusive coverage of Serie A games and other top European football leagues.
- beIN Sports (various countries) - beIN Sport is a global network that offers live coverage of Serie A games and other major football leagues and sporting events.
These are just a few examples of broadcasters for Serie A in different countries. Availability may vary based on your location, so you should look for the options available or find an alternative to streaming matches other than the ones already mentioned.
The following list shares the trophies won by SSC Napoli
- Serie A – 2 times, last win in 1989-90
- Serie B – 2 times, last win in 1949-50
- Coppa Italia – 6 times, last win in 2019-20
- Supercoppa Italiana – 2 times, last win in 2014
- UEFA Cup – 1 time, back in 1988-89
When did they last win Serie A?
They last won the Serie A in 1989-90, their second-ever title as Diego Maradona led them to the top.
When did they last win the UEFA Champions League?
They have never won the champions league, unfortunately.
How many Serie A's have they won in total?
They have won the Serie A a total of 2 times, both of which came within 5 years.
How many UEFA Champions League have they won in total?
They have not won a single champions league, but they have won the UEFA cup on 2 occasions.
Who is their all-time top scorer?
The current great, Dries Mertens, is their all-time top scorer with 148 goals for the Naples-based club.